CINNAMON INFUSION FOR SLIMMING
The cinnamon infusion, herbal tea is often referred to as a valid help for slimming and weight loss, and several studies have connected the assumption of cinnamon to fat loss or reduction of the circumference of waist. The results of these studies, in particular a study that has monitored the difference between fat mass and lean, reported that participants lost 0.7% of fat mass and gained 1,1 % of muscle mass after taking the equivalent of 5 teaspoons (10 grams) of powdered cinnamon dissolved in water in the form of herbal tea, every day for 12 weeks, indicating clearly the benefits of the cinnamon infusion, herbal tea for slimming.
But be careful you must absolutely not take the amount of cinnamon powder used in the latter study, quantities so large of cinnamon may contain dangerously high amounts of coumarin, which if consumed in excess, this natural compound may increase the risk of bleeding and cause or worsen any liver diseases.
The cinnamon infusion herbal tea is mainly produced by immersing the cinnamon bark in hot water. But the bark could come in many different shapes on the market, including the crushed powder stored in bags that will serve to prepare the cinnamon tea.
It is full of beneficial compounds that can bring various health benefits, including:
- Promote weight loss
- Improve the health of your heart,
- Relieve menstrual cramps,
- Reduce inflammation,
- Reduce blood sugar levels and much more.
During the cold months, it can be consumed both to bring heat to the body and also for hydrating the body.
The cinnamon infusion herbal tea is also recommended to alleviate the hardship of the stomach, eliminate gas, stimulate the appetite, avoid nausea and vomiting.
These benefits would be associated with the fact that cinnamon, stimulating salivation, would help to form the gastric juices, thus helping to carry out a proper digestion.
The cinnamon infusion herbal tea can also help to reduce blood glucose levels. Cinnamon can provide powerful anti-diabetic effects by lowering blood sugar levels .
This spice seems to act in a manner similar to that of insulin, the hormone responsible for the release of the sugar from the bloodstream and tissues.
In addition, the compounds present in cinnamon can further contribute to reduce the levels of blood sugar lowering insulin resistance, thereby increasing the effectiveness of the same insulin.
It can also help to slow down the breakdown of carbohydrates in the intestine, preventing blood sugar levels from increasing after meals.
The cinnamon infusion herbal tea also contains many polyphenolic antioxidants that are beneficial compounds that help to keep in good health.
The antioxidants are fighting the oxidation caused by the free radicals, which are molecules that damage cells and contribute to diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
How to make herbal teas with cinnamon
The herbal tea with cinnamon is very simple to do and you can add a slice of orange and other ingredients to further enhance the flavour and make it a much more pleasant option.
- 2 cinnamon sticks,
- 1 cup of water.
To make the cinnamon infusion boil the contents of a cup of water over medium heat. When the water reaches boiling point, add the two cinnamon sticks and boil for 2 minutes.
Turn off the fire, cover with a cloth and leave to rest for 5 minutes so that the flavour becomes much more concentrated. After this time you can discover an infusion filter and enjoy a delicious herbal tea with cinnamon.
CONTRANDICATIONS OF THE CINNAMON INFUSION HERBAL TEA
- If suffering from intestinal ulcers, the consumption of cinnamon infusions causes more irritation. In this case it is better to avoid it.
- The Coumarin is a toxic compound that is found in cinnamon. In large concentrations it is known to cause damage to the liver and kidneys. It is therefore essential to maintain a moderate consumption of the spice.
- The properties of Cinnamon can alter the way in which other medicines act in the body, generating unpredictable effects. It is therefore recommended to avoid it during an antibiotic treatment.
- During pregnancy it is essential to avoid the consumption of cinnamon, since it stimulates the blood flow and causes contractions of the uterus.
In the same way, the nursing mothers should also avoid the herbal tea with cinnamon , because it can cause allergic hypersensitivity due to its compounds.
- Cinnamon can accelerate the cardiac frequency. For this reason, persons with heart problems should avoid the herbal tea with cinnamon. Otherwise, it could accelerate the pace of the beats and endanger ones health.
IF YOU LIKE OUR ARTICLES HELP US TO SHARE THEM
If you are interested in deepening in natural remedies and also healthy nutrition
Take a look at our book, available also in e-book version.