Haemorrhoids symptoms and cure!
How To treat haemorrhoids, how to recognize symptoms and how to relieve the pain!
What are haemorrhoids?
Haemorrhoids are expansions of the vascular network around the anal canal, with a tendency to prolapsing and bleeding. Haemorrhoids which can be either internal or external, occur when the haemorrhoidal veins swell and form varices.
Haemorrhoids have various symptoms:
- Anal pruritus,
- mucus-serous losses,
- Anal discomfort feeling
Haemorrhoids can be both internal (when they are inside the anal canal and are not visible) and external (if visible and recognizable by the touch).
Causes of haemorrhoids
The causes may be different amongst which:
– Hormonal changes
– Mental stress
– Incorrect eating (excessive consumption of fried food, chili pepper, chocolate, alcohol)
Foods to fight haemorrhoids
A very important factor for haemorrhoids is the food supply that must ensure a clean intestine and a regular evacuation, with not too hard faeces.
The food supply must therefore be rich in fibres and in vitamins A, B, C, E and Zinc to maintain a good integrity of the venous walls that during haemorrhoids become more fragile. You should also prefer natural food and varied with wholegrain cereals, legumes, seasonal fruit and vegetables, this has all the nutrients useful to fight hemorrhoids, hence we must obviously reduce foods such as refined foods, milk and derivatives, sausages, sugars and fats of animal origin.
It is also preferable to enrich our food supply with food that favours the blood circulation such as red fruits: cherries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.
Natural remedies for curing haemorrhoids
There are also natural remedies to alleviate and treat hemorrhoids amongst which:
- ALOE VERA: Aloe vera has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that relieve the ailments of haemorrhoids. You can use a Aloe based gel for the initial stages.
- Horse-Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) seeds and bark have antiphlogistic and vasoconstrictive properties that therefore reduce elastase and hyaluronidase activities, two enzymes that attack the endothelium of the vessels and the extracellular matrix, weakening their structure. Through this reduction the vessels reacquire their normal resistance and permeability.
- Red Vine: (Vitis vinifera) is suitable for all forms of varicose veins, phlebitis, capillary fragility, blotchiness, edema, haemorrhoids, cellulite, water retention, blood stasis and heaviness in the lower limbs. The leaves contain active ingredients rich in antioxidants, with a vasoprotective protective, directed to the circulatory system.
- Witch hazel:(Hamamelis virgianana) leaves and bark have vasoprotective and toning properties towards the venous walls compromised by inflammation. The witch hazel is considered to be an effective remedy in the treatment of disorders of the circulatory system, wherever an astringent action is necessary, such as phlebitis, varicose veins and haemorrhoids, capillary fragility, dilated capillaries, tendency towards the formation of bruises, cellulite;
- CENTELLA: (Centella asiatica) leaves, thanks to their phlebotomy activity, are able to preserve the structure and the tonicity of the vessel walls. Reinforce and elasticise the blood vessels’ walls, facilitating correct peripheral circulation. The centella is therefore indicated for preventing and treating varices since it reduces the dilation of the veins, the capillary permeability and the subcutaneous edema.
Take a look at our tried and tested method: Anti-Diet