IDEAL FOODS AGAINST ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION
It is now known that health passes from our table, but what we forget is that not only physical but also mental health passes through what we eat every day.
and if on one hand we think of binges, sweets, junk in the worst moments, these do nothing but “worsen” our mental health, while on the contrary there are really ideal foods for fighting anxiety and depression.
Freud said that diet can work on the psychopathology of our daily life, thus also giving us serenity in times of need.
Fight anxiety and depression even at table
In addition to factors such as one’s sentimental, personal, working situation, etc., the food introduced through the diet can also contribute to the onset of depression.
For example, deficiencies in vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, and B12, along with essential elements such as Biotin, Folic Acid and Pantothenic, can facilitate the onset of depressive symptoms.
Therefore, the type of food eaten can affect the individual propensity to develop depression.
Foods and depression
For example, the tendency to consume fatty foods, French fries, pastries, candies, chocolates, starchy foods increases the likelihood of experiencing depressive symptoms.
These foods contain a high amount of salt, sugar, fats and starches which in turn are stored by the body in the form of fat, affecting the general health of the person.
As a result, they can cause chemical and physiological changes in the structure of the brain. In short, it is clear that consuming junk foods and fatty foods can increase the likelihood of anxiety and depression.
Ideal foods against anxiety and depression
The mind also needs proper nourishment, and the golden rule in these cases passes through a varied diet and vegetables with the rule of 4: 21.
That is, inserting foods of animal origin (meat, eggs, fish) in only 4 of the 21 main meals of the week.
Let’s see in detail what are the foods that can help us and therefore should be preferred over others:
- Broccoli and cauliflower=a high concentration of sugar in the blood can be a contributing factor to depression.
Eating vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower helps stabilize our blood sugar level and help improve our condition.
Other foods that help us:
- Spinach and black beans =they are great anti-depressant foods, especially for those with a B vitamin deficiency.
- Oat Flour= being a food with a low glycemic index, containing high concentrations of Vitamin B1 and B6, pantothenic acid and folic acid, oatmeal is considered a basic element to fight depression, and consuming it also reduces mood swings.
- Cabbage =a rich source of nutrients such as folic acid and Vitamin C;
- Black rice =like oatmeal it is a low glycemic index food and contains essential nutrients.
Consuming black rice is a great way to combat depressive symptoms.
- Antioxidants=vitamins A (beta carotene), C and E, contain antioxidants that help remove free radicals (waste products resulting from natural body processes, which can accumulate in the body).
If the body is unable to adequately eliminate free radicals, so-called oxidative stress can develop and consequently a number of health problems, which can include anxiety and depression.
- Fruit: such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and kiwis are packed with essential nutrients such as antioxidants; consuming them can help improve depressive symptoms.
Did you know that there is also a diet for fighting cold sores? Click here
Take a look at our courses, transform every passion into KNOWLEDGE.
If anxiety and stress are not letting you sleep and you are not living well, start taking care of yourself through meditation
Try practicing MINDFULNESS
Leave A Comment